I took some time to think on what to write. The blog was
created and stayed there… empty, waiting the moment of a post, obviously mine,
that gave reason for it to exist. The reason is our marriage. I would like to
tell you a bit of us, but not much, because it is not possible to write what I
feel with the same intensity and purity, doesn’t matter how much I try it.
After reading “The fault in our stars”, a fantastic history
from John Green, I realized that the book was the inspiration I needed to put
my fingers to work and finally give life to our blog.
So I remembered the first time I saw him, I was impressed
about his size and knowing that he was my new boss, coming on board on my
little world, which was abridged to the Maersk Salalah crew and my always one
day delayed emails. I would never know that on his embark, he would be
literally boarding on my life forever. And I found my new boss so handsome… But
he was my boss. And I was there to work and learn. It was not the time for my
heart to find someone.
But the fate always find its way. And it did. He used to do
(and he still does) a wonderful coffee by the sleepiest time: my study time. So
I used to go take some of his coffee, we talked, he would teach me something of
the bridge, after that we started talking more about ourselves e then time
passed by… We started falling in love slowly (in our eyes). However relativity
of time is a fact on board of ships e due to the excess of time together, a
short time is long enough to love someone. And in this short time I realized I
could not live far away from that smile, realized that his eyes have stolen
something from me when they were looking into my eyes. And I could speak hours
(pages) about it, but as every real love story, ours is going to die with us,
as it should be.
Everybody that knows me well knows that the bigger love
proof I could give to someone (talking about romantic love), would be getting
married. Me, independent and too free, always saying: “Marriage is a bankrupt institution”.
Maybe based in past relationships that left scars (and lessons learned) and in
the word “always”. But it arrived the moment that I found the perfect boyfriend
an, not to lose the perfect boyfriend, I accepted to get married. After all, if
he is indeed the perfect boyfriend (as he still is), he will be my perfect
husband. So it is much better to make it official.
And here we are, preparing a blog,a party, invitations,
little surprises for our friends and family to share this special moment with
us. The day that we decided to change our lonely lives into a together lives.
Not in one life, but two lives and the same objective. Because a Brazilian singer
wisely said long ago: “Dream that we dream alone is just a dream that we dream
alone, but dream that we dream together is a reality”.
I apologize for my non-perfect English, I hope everybody can
get the meaning… It is never exactly the same when we need to put it into
another language.
