What is Mariah
for me?
- The girl
with the WOW effect
- The girl
with the beautiful eyes
- The girl
with the beautiful hair
- The girl
that even in a coverall looks sexy
- The girl
that is everything for me
- The girl
that makes me smile
- The girl
that likes beer
- The girl
with the beautiful smile
- The girl
with the H in her name (I can’t pronounce)
These are a
couple of things. I can go on for a while.
Tja how did
we met?
09-05-09
17:05 hrs +8GMT (Hong Kong)
My handover
with my back to back!
She just
walked in, wet hairs, sports and a t-shirt that I think it was red!
My first thoughts
where WOW she is beautiful, she must have a boyfriend.
I promised
myself not to fall for her ……………………………(how wrong I was?)
She was
doing watch with me on the bridge, as I was on that part of the trip chief
officer.
The first
weeks I had the idea she was thinking I was a bad thinker.
The thing is:
I was trying to teach her the emergency procedures she needed to know on the
bridge.
She
actually said it, at one point, that I was a doom thinker L
Coming
close to Mariah is very difficult. The only time I was alone with her was
during watches. And frankly said I was still thinking no no no no she is way
WAY too far out of my league.
One day I
called my sister, she noticed (as she always does) something in my voice.
I did not
said much about Mariah on the phone, but suddenly she said “you are interested
in her”
True. she
also said I should take action.
That is easier
said than done.
A Problem:
a Guard dog materialized as an engineer apprentice coming from Brasil.
My luck
changed when his time was up and he was done with his apprentice time.
I tried to
get all the reasons I could to talk to her J
Luckily she
liked coffee (the one I made on the bridge) she came often to the bridge after
dinner. In the beginning I thought just to talk, but along the way I thought
she was getting interested on me. Later
I found out how wrong I was. She already did it from the start.
17-06-09 after
a while I found enough guts to ask her (I was after all her boss) if I could
kiss her. The rest is history
JJJJ <3<3<3
A crazy
idea! Buy a ring for her. You know gold with diamonds and go on your knees.
The thing
is: I am kind of traditional; I needed to ask the parents.
Luzinete
responded ok. She has seen the ring. Pedro was in Africa so that was asking for
the hand of his daughter via Skype and we didn’t met before.
He wished
me Good luck. If I would have known why!!!!!
24-05-10
Marajó
Somewhere
after diner
I went on
my knees stuttering and all but I did
Her answer
was: FOR SURE.
We have a
saying in Holland
From behind
you look a cow in its “cu”
- After
boarding: I never thought falling in love with the apprentice
- After
kissing: Mariah thought it would never get serious
- After
leaving: Mariah thought she would not see me again.
- After the
“for sure“ I found out the family never thought it would happen. That’s also
the good luck from Pedro.
Now 19-10-13
Today I
picked up my suit.
The day 21-12-13 is getting closer
and frankly also getting a bit nervous but no cold feet.
Dennis